How to write SEO friendly blog postMaaz Habib
Do you aim at writing SEO friendly blogs and articles?
Well, you’re in the right place!
In the world of marketing, SEO is a very common term and you might have seen this term being used a lot. SEO means “Search Engine Optimization” which is a process of optimizing content or a website so that people can find it easily on search engines like Google. This guide will help you in gaining an insight about what SEO content is and what we can do to make our blogs, content and website SEO friendly.
What is SEO friendly content?
When marketers are talking about SEO content, they are talking about optimizing any content that is present on the website with the aim of attracting targeted traffic on the search engines. As stated earlier, SEO is an abbreviation for Search Engine Optimization which means optimizing your website content, blogs or articles to make them easily available on search engines.
People are able to write a lot of articles, however, it takes special effort to produce SEO friendly content. When the content is said to be SEO friendly, it means that it ranks higher in search engines. Over the past 25 years, the concept of search engine optimization has evolved significantly. At present, producing SEO friendly content requires the content and digital marketers to publish high-value content that is appealing to readers algorithms of search engines like Google. Moreover, it requires the marketers to have an in-depth understanding of the search engine ranking factors.
Now let’s move on and look at some of the tips which will help you to make your blog post content SEO friendly while having higher rankings in the search engines.
1. Keyword Research
One of the most frequent terms used in the world of SEO is keyword research. Keyword research plays an important role in attracting targeted audiences towards your blog post or website. It is considered to be the first step when it comes to developing an SEO friendly content. Keywords can be more than one word as well. For example, you are writing about photo editing apps in iOS. People searching about photo editing apps in iOS will be able to find your website and get the required information they are looking for. For bigger websites like Amazon, it is difficult to choose a keyword because the website contains millions of products. Therefore, before writing, perform a keyword research in order to generate traffic. Moreover, write about topics which people search the most for on search engines.
2. Content Organization
Content organization is also important in order to make your blog post SEO friendly. Content organization means arranging your content in a logical manner while writing it. This will provide users and search engines with the understanding of how the information connects in your blog post. If the content is organized strategically, it allows users and search engines like Google and Yahoo to find the blog post and engage better.
3. Content Optimization
Content and SEO are the two words which are interconnected. Optimizing the content can be done in different ways which allows your content to reach a larger number of audiences on search engines. In order to optimize your content, it is important to ensure that relevant keywords, meta-tags, title tags and links are present. In short content optimization is about providing essential data to the search engines in order to make your content available for target audience. Images used in the blog posts should also be optimized by adding alt tags and image tags. Videos should be optimized by writing video descriptions and adding video titles. Once your content is optimized, your blog post will become more engaging and people will find it easy to search it on Google. Keep in mind the following while optimizing your blog post content;
- It is important to know the difference between post title and Meta title. Post title is title which the readers sees on your website whereas meta-title is the title which the search engine displays your post in the search engine.
- It is essential to include keywords in the meta-title. It will improve the search while attracting the target audience.
- The title of your blog post should ideally be less than 66 characters.
- It is very important to add meta-descriptions for your blog posts. By adding meta- descriptions to your blog post, you can make sure that your website is driving the maximum amount of target audience.
- Since google cannot read images, adding image alt tags is also important. While uploading images keep the name of images relevant to the image. Giving random names to the images is a huge mistake.
- Add links and HTML tags because it makes it easier for the search engine to index your website content. The more rapidly search engine indexes your content, the faster your content is going to drive traffic.
4. Optimization of Keywords
Optimization of keywords is as important as keyword research in the world of SEO. Optimizing keywords means searching and selecting the best keywords to drive authentic traffic to your website from search engines. In the initial stages of search engine optimization, keyword optimization is a critical step which needs to get right to improve search engine rankings. Keyword optimization will not only allow you to drive authentic traffic to your website but will also help you understand the user behavior and write effective content. Below are some of the useful tips which can help you in keyword optimization;
- Creating a list of keywords. This will help you to list down which keywords to be should be used while writing your blog post.
- Enhancing Relevancy; this will help you to be relevant in order to improve the accuracy of searcher’s query on search engines.
- Keywords optimization also helps in grouping and segmenting your content for better search.